We're preparing to launch a crowdfunding campaign to help fund the solar power and dry toilet facilities for this structure.
Leprosy Mission Trust - Resource hub
Location: Malkhrod and Nawagarh blocks, Champa District, Chattisgarh
Client: The Leprosy Mission Trust, India
Facility Size: 480 Square feet (Including two bathrooms)
Summary: The client required a resource hub in the interiors of Chattisgarh. The facility would be moved every 2 years, and was to be used for a very specific purpose.
1. This Resource Hub will serve as a meeting room for SHGs and a training room to:
- Build the capacity of SHGs in group dynamics
- Create awareness on rights and entitlements
- Educate the community on WASH and NTDs
- Provide Technical and Entrepreneurial skills
- Impart Adult literacy
2. It will also serve as a demonstration site for:
- Viable enterprises possible in that community
- Appropriate and accessible WASH facilities
3. The facility will be a focal point for accessing information on various schemes and benefits available for marginalized and to:
- Screen, diagnose and refer suspect NTD cases
- Provide disability management training
The client needs something easy to assemble/disassemble and completely off-grid. To fulfill their requirement, we will be providing them with 1.5 Kwh solar power facilty as well as a bio-digester toilet.
The facility will be manufactured in Jabalpur, about 400 Km from Champa, and the other components will be acquired from Nagpur.